Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Despite Myself

Well, despite the fact that I am a psycho jerk at work, I got a very good raise this year. Very, very good. Hmmm, apparently not everyone thinks I am that horrible! Now, if I could just find a better job! (I want to work with people who are not so crazy and unbalanced) They probably think the same of me. Oh well, can't be perfect all the time.

I have had horrible insomnia the past couple of nights. It's a really unusual type for me though. I fall asleep and two hours later wake up. I tossed and turned for nearly 4 hours after that! This has made me a little out of it, and a bit on the snippity side. Rather than swearing I make up my own phrases so I say things that often sound weird. I usually say, "son of a beaver housen". Odd, but not totally horrible. I went to the grocery store yesterday after work, I was exhausted (and cranky). I was getting a couple boxes of dry pudding mix and knocked some on the floor. I said, "Son of a.... oh dammit!" Not completely horrible. However I didn't realize there was a couple standing about 2 feet away from me. I saw out of the corner of my eye that the guy was staring at me with his mouth agape. I'm sure with my scarf on people assume that a) I don't speak English, and b) I don't say any type of bad language. Fooled that guy, didn't I? I speak English! I don't usually use that type of language though, I guess I was just overly tired. I turned to him with embarassment and said "Hi".

I managed to pass that couple in a few different aisles during my trip. Despite myself, I survived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home