Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Squirrels


Need I say more? Squirrels. They freak me out. I've been freaked out by squirrels for quite some time. On my college campus we had some really well-fed squirrels. Of course there were many garbage cans with a treasure trove of things for the squirrels to dig for. They would go in the cans and when they heard someone passing by, they would JUMP out and run! They could give a 20 year-old a heart attack. I passed quite a few cans with my little friends jumping out and freaking me out! Let's not forget the time I was sitting on a bench on campus reading with my lunch next to me. I had an apple sitting on my stuff, I had taken a bite out of it. The next thing I know, a squirrel comes up on the bench, grabs my apple, and runs! The apple was twice the size of it's head! What the???!!!???

You might laugh when I tell you this, and it is funny, now. When I was on, hmmm... I think it was Effexor, I got really paranoid. Effexor is an anti-depressant. I had some serious depression during my college days. I started taking this med at the end of my senior year. Squirrels became part of my paranoia, I believed they were government agents. I thought they were well trained spies. It seems ludacris that I could be that out of it, but that medicine made me pretty wacky. Government agents! I can laugh now, but I was really scared of them then.

One final squirrel tale: I had a bay window in my old apartment. If I looked out the left side window I could see my air conditioner. Well I heard a scritching noise in my air conditioner. I got freaked out thinking it was a mouse or rat. Then I went to the window to look out at my air conditioner unit. I had to pull up the shade. When I pulled up the shade a squirrel jumped from where it had been hanging onto my a/c unit to the screen on the window in front of me! It jumped right at my face! I screamed.

What got me started on squirrels in the first place today? Well I walked into my underground parking this morning and there is a garbage can right inside the door. Take a wild guess as to what jumped out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home