Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Dratted Popcorn


I rarely eat popcorn.
It's not that I don't like popcorn, but I really have to be in the mood for it. Yesterday I was in the mood for it. It was the only time I left the house all weekend. I went to the store to pick up some things that were on my list. The main thing that got my lazy butt out of the house was the thought of popcorn though. I wasn't too keen on driving anywhere in the 100 degree heat. I did drive to the store with the thought of popcorn on my brain.

I returned home with my stuff and my popcorn. I popped a bag of popcorn and settled on the couch to watch a movie. I ate about half the bag before the novelty wore off. I was done with the popcorn for a couple of months, or was I? I spent the rest of the movie trying to hack up one of those hull thingys from the popcorn. It had lodged itself in my throat right at the back of my tongue. (At least it didn't get stuck in the area where I had my tooth extracted... OUCH!) I couldn't dislodge the stupid thing.

It was there all night and half of my day at work. Finally on break I was able to get rid of it. Popcorn doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home