Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Science Museum

I went to the Science Museum yesterday with a friend, her husband, and her brother-in-law. Exhibits, 3-D theater, Omnitheater, and the Body Worlds exhibit. I had wanted to go to the Body Worlds exhibit for some time. It is amazing and I highly recommend it for adults and older children. If you get queasy, it may not be for you.

Point in case, I almost passed out there. I determined that it was not only from thinking that these are real human specimens, but a few other factors as well. It is a bit crowded despite the fact that they try to regulate the traffic in there. It was pretty warm in there, and I don't think I drank enough water yesterday. I think I was a bit dehydrated, and when it's warm and you wear a scarf on your head... Well you figure it out.

It was a twinge embarassing though. My friend's phone had just rung, and she was a few feet away talking. I got really dizzy and just stopped and stared. Unfortunately there was a woman in my direct path of staring. She looked at me like, "Lady why are you staring at me like that?" I mumbled, "I think I'm going to pass out." The only thing I could think to do was to get to the ground. I slowly crouched down. I sure as heck didn't want to fall over in that crowd. The next thing I knew my friend was there kind of freaking out, and an employee there too. We just sat for a bit, how embarassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home