Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Plato

I was reading another blog about prank calls, and was reminded of something that happened to me in college. My first-year dorm was a mix of regular students and those in an advanced program called The Great Conversation. This program was about philosophy and stuff. Well, I of course was one of the regular students. However, the dorm was known for the "Great Con" students.

Something else I have to mention is that I was extremely crabby when awakened. I've gotten better over the years, but I used to be pretty evil when someone woke me up. Close friends and family knew better than to bother me.

I was asleep and up in my loft one night. The phone started ringing, and ringing, and ringing. They were persistent. My roommate wasn't there, so I half climbed, half fell out of my loft to get to the phone. Here's how the conversation went down:

Me: Hello?
Other: Is Plato there?
Me: I don't have any damn playdough!
Other: Are you sure Plato isn't there?
Me: *Many swear words* and pretty much saying that I didn't have playdough because I didn't play with that crap anymore. I was *swearing* sleeping and you better leave me alone or I will hunt you down and *swearing*.

Something along those lines though. The odd part is that a couple months later while working at my student job in the cafeteria, I was telling my friend about this incident. He got red and started laughing. Then exclaimed, "Oh my God! That was you? You are so funny when you're half asleep!"

Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home