Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Mother's Importance

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor.



And lower unto them the wing of submissionand humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young."" (Quran 17:23-24)



170: Volume: 8, Book Number: 73, Hadith Number: 2Narrated Abu Huraira:
A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "



172: Volume: 8, Book Number: 73, Hadith Number: 6Narrated Al-Mughira:
The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden you ( 1 ) to be undutiful to your mothers (2) to withhold (what you should give) or (3) demand (what you do not deserve), and (4) to bury your daughters alive. And Allah has disliked that (A) you talk too much about others ( B), ask too many questions (in religion), or (C) waste your property."



There are plenty of reminders for me to be good to my mother. It's not always easy, sometimes she pushes me too far. Our relationship is very strained at times. I just have to remember how important it is to be good to my mother in islam. Though she may say things that upset me, I just have to hold my mouth shut, and let it go. She not only went through all the hardship to carry me and give brith to me. She fed me and changed my diapers. She always made sure that I was taken care of. After my parents divorced, she struggled through working difficult jobs to make sure my sister and I had our needs met. May Allah bless her with the good things in this life. May Allah help me to give her all the respect and regard she deserves from me.

1 Comments:

At 10/1/07, 7:59 PM , Blogger Organica said...

It's difficult when your own mother becomes your source of distress and pain. You are suddenly faced with the choice to please your mother and keeping your piece of mind. Sacrifice is important, but how much should we sacrifice in order to please our mothers.

I am still struggling with the concept.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home