Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Pretty Good Week

It's been a while since I blogged. It's been a pretty good week. It's amazing how much better a week can go when you don't have a cold/flu the whole week. I got a surprising letter in the mail this week. I interviewed for a job 3 1/2 months ago, and I got the letter in the mail telling me I didn't get the position. Really? I didn't get the position? After 3 1/2 months I didn't figure that out, was it necessary to still send your letter? I think they could've saved themselves the stamp.

At work this week our muslim group held an iftar dinner. I invited my friend to come with me. The food was absolutely delicious, the company was great. I got to meet a few new people. I got excited about some upcoming things within our company too. The building that my division is moving in is being redone. They asked the muslim group what we needed as far as space for prayer and washing for wudu. It sounds like we're going to get a nice washroom and a really nice prayer room. Alhamdulilah. Every year we have a "holiday" party in December. They call it a holiday party, not a Christmas party. They have a video they show every year with prayer readings from all different religions. It's been the same video for a really long time. They re-did it this year to include a muslim reading as well. Alhamdulilah. I work for a huge global company, and muslims are becoming more visible. Alhamdulilah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home