Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Shells And Cheese Baby!

Ingredients:

1 box of Jumbo Shells (not sure how many oz., but there was only one size)
1- 15 oz. container of Ricotta Cheese
1 lb. of ground beef (ground lamb would be yummy too)
1 or 2 jars of pasta sauce
1- 16 oz. bag of cheese (I used mozzerella, but experimenting is always good)
1 onion chopped small
minced garlic to taste (I love garlic so I use alot)

Preheat oven to 350

Boil the shells, drain them, and set them aside.

Heat up a skillet on med. heat. I like to cook the onion and garlic with my ground beef. Some might prefer to saute it a bit before putting the beef in.

Once the beef is browned, set it aside and let it cool. Once it's cool mix it with the ricotta.

Spoon the mixture into your shells, and put them in your baking pan. Use your discretion as to how full you want the shells. I was able to stuff almost the whole box of shells, I think I put about 1 heaping teaspoon, maybe added a little more than that. I had to use 2 baking dishes. I got them close to each other in the pan and poured the pasta sauce over them. Be generous with the sauce, you don't want your noodles to dry out. Bake your shells for 45 mins. take them out and put your mozzerella over the top, and bake for another 15 mins. Then you have a delicious meal!

I didn't use all the shredded cheese, but I can always find other things to put it in.

1 Comments:

At 10/29/07, 5:50 PM , Blogger Organica said...

Yummy!

Sounds great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home