Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Some Memories

This morning I started thinking about Halloween. I know, I'm muslim I don't celebrate Halloween. I was just thinking about how the small kiddies look so cute in their costumes. Although I don't celebrate Halloween, I do enjoy seeing the little ones in their costumes. It brought some fond memories back to me.

I remembered when my buddy was about 4 years old, and I was living in the dorms at school. My parents let him stay with me for Halloween. I never thought of how significant this would have been to them. This moment that was solely theirs as parents, and they gave it to me. I got to dress him up in his Winnie-the-Pooh costume. I got to take him trick-or-treating through the dorms where a bazillion college students fawned over him. I was given that moment, and I am SO thankful for it. 9 years ago I got to take that blue eyed cutie all over, stuff him full of candy, and then send him back to my parents!

1 Comments:

At 10/29/07, 8:20 PM , Blogger Organica said...

Please don't remind B that he, in fact, owned at one point a Winnie the Pooh costume. That's not cool, big sis!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home