Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Just Sitting

I spent some time with my mom this afternoon. She wanted to go shopping and hang out. Neither one of us bought anything, but we just wandered and had a nice time. One of her objectives was to go to the MinuteClinic because she thought she had an ear infection. So we found the nearest one at a Cub store. She was in there for over a half an hour.

I sat in the waiting section which is at the end of the checkout lines. I watched people bag their groceries and leave. I watched the boy's soccer team ask if they could bag groceries for donations. I sat, I watched, and I started to think. I was thinking about Organic's post on Husband Shopping and some of the comments on that post. Some people posted that it's best to just let it come naturally, to possibly "bump" into Mr. Perfect in the grocery store. Well, I got news for you people, I didn't see one muslim brother that I could bump into.

It's not that easy to be muslim and try to find a husband when your family is christian and can't help you. If I do see a brother at the grocery store, do you really think we're going to approach each other? We don't know if the other one is married. Would I really want a brother that's going to be approaching me in a store? Probably not.

I don't know where I'll find him, or who he'll be. I pray to Allah that it's a good, lasting relationship. I know one thing for sure, I don't ever want to be looking for a husband again!

2 Comments:

At 11/4/07, 2:09 AM , Blogger Organica said...

I say, bump into the first man you think is hot. Convert him to Islam and consider yourself smart for finding your prince charming and bumping into him and forcing him to convert.

 
At 11/4/07, 2:35 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

An interesting idea. Except I don't want a "prince charming", I prefer a "knight in shining armor" type. And that kind of implies that he has to find me.... hmmmm... we'll see how that works!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home