Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

COOOOOOOOOKIES!!!!


I first fell in love with the monster cookie in one of the campus cafes at the college I went to. So, naturally when a coworker later gave me a recipe I was thrilled. I've perfected it and made it my own. This is my signature cookie. My coworkers asked me for the recipe, but they never make them. They always beg me to make them!

MONSTER COOKIES

In a larger bowl mix dry ingredients together.

4 1/2 cups of oatmeal
1 cup sugar
1cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda

In another bowl mix wet ingredients together.

3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp corn syrup
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I use the chunky because the nuts add to the texture of the cookies)

After these 2 bowls are mixed, add the wet to the dry. The dough gets a little difficult to mix, I have to use my hands. After this is done add in 1 cup of M&M's and 1 cup of chocolate chips. The reason to add these last is that they get melty if added earlier (like I said, I've perfected this). Once this is done we are ready to bake!

Each cookie is 1/3 cup. I get about 6 cookies per baking sheet. Flatten them out a little, they will bake better. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-17 minutes. This recipe makes about 2 dozen.

Enjoy!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2/14/08, 5:17 AM , Blogger Organica said...

So Yummy looking :)

 
At 2/14/08, 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, they look soooooooo GOOD! I want one now!!! I am sure your hubby will really enjoy them.
xoxoxoxo
your growly dog!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home